Sights & Attractions
- Art, Culture & Heritage
- Educational places
- Nature & Wildlife
- » Islands
- » Dam,Reservoir, Lake
- » National Parks & Marine Reserves
- » River, Canal
- » Flower Field
- » Hot Spring
- » Caves
- » Waterfalls
- » Beaches & Bay
- » Diving site
- » Mountain (Doi)
- » Other nature sites
- » Green Travel
- Places of Worship
- Recreational & Entertainment
- Royal Project, Research and Development
- Spas & Wellness
- Suburban Living
- Wineries & Breweries
Surat ThaniOperating day:
TAT Surat Thani Office
5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani
Tel. +66 7728 8818-9
Tel. +66 7728 2828
Category : National Parks & Marine Reserves, Islands
Attraction Details :
For tourists who come to Samui and want to appreciate marine nature which is still unspoiled, Mu Koh Ang Thong is the ideal place for them. It is among one of the most well-known islands that the tourists should visit since the beauty of these islands render a unique experience and atmosphere different from other islands.
Almost 50 islands are the components of Mu Koh Ang Thong. Each island offers different scenery. However, the most spectacular viewpoint from above is located at the top of Koh Wua Ta Lap which needs a little climbing effort. Even though reaching the top of the island needs high endeavour, the infinite panoramic view of the Gulf of Thailand including several islands in different peculiar shapes is worth your sweat.
Koh Mae Ko is another highlight of Mu Koh Ang Thong. Likewise the breathtaking view always comes with little obstacle. Visitors need to waste their sweat a little before reaching Thale Nai (Inner Sea), which is the great viewpoint. A huge emerald lagoon, situated in the middle of the limestone mountains which gradually subside into an inland bay amidst the island. Inner Lagoon is another startling attraction in the world which is worth visiting.
Mu Koh Ang Thong is not far from Koh Samui; thus, most tourists normally purchase a one-day trip. Hence, the atmosphere in the evening and at night is pristine and serene.
* Hiking on a 450 m. steep trail to the viewpoint of the peak of Koh Wua Ta Lap
* Explore the Tham Bua Bok
* Kayaking trip beyond Koh Wua Ta Lap
* Restaurants, camping areas, tents and 5 houses for rent are available on Koh Wua Ta Lap. Please reserve in advance. Visit www.dnp.go.th for more details
* Entrance fee---400 Baht for adults and 200 Baht for children
* Best time to travel to Mu Koh Ang Thong is January - April.
* National Park closed 1 November - 23 December annually.
* For more information, please contact Mu Koh Ang Thong National Park Tel. +66 7728 6025, +66 7728 0222 E-mail: email@example.com or contact Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Surat Thani Office.
How to get there :
Mu Koh Ang Thong are 75 km. from Surat Thani coast and 35 km. from Koh Samui. Most tourists take boat from Koh Samui. Different types of boats depart from different piers and also the prices might vary.